Monday 25 August 2014

Bit of Background






Bit of background!

I have a First Class Honours degree in Zoology from London University, a PhD from Queen’s University Belfast and in 2006 was awarded an Honorary Professorship from Queen’s University for contributions to marine science.
I worked as a zoologist for the British Antarctic Survey for five years, spending three years (two winters) on South Georgia.  
I then worked as a nematologist for 14 years at the Natural History Museum, London, followed by two years as Managing Director of Marenco, a private firm of environmental consultants based in Belfast.
Finally, I worked for 21 years for the Northern Ireland Environment Agency where I was Chief Scientist, representing Northern Ireland and the UK at many national and European Commission expert groups.
Throughout my career I have been a professional scientific diver  (not now!) and a keen photographer, with dives all over the world under my weight belt, including over 100 in Antarctica.

Since leaving Government service in September 2013, I have been working in a private capacity as an Environmental Consultant and in a voluntary capacity for Ulster Wildlife Trust (UWT) and the Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside (CNCC).














No comments:

Post a Comment